Thursday, April 3, 2014

Seriously Dreading

Today it is beautiful out, finally! I should be so exited to take on today, but nonetheless, not so much. I am working today, which is not a problem, looking forward to that because then I don't even have to really think about all the other stuff going on. I know this is not the case with most working moms. My job is the type that when I am there, we deal with each client and project as it comes in, we set realistic deadlines and we do what we can in between helping customers. I know my boss stresses some about it all, but the rest of the shop girls can just punch out when our day is done and not worry about a thing work related. 

And, on the flip side, while at work, I do not really think about what I have to get done the rest of the day. I am able to put that out of my head because there is nothing I can do about it while at work. That is a lovely thing. I do check my texts at work, but I don't check email until I get home. 

After work today I have to take MK to the orthopedic. She has been having consistent knee pain since last July. I kept thinking it was going to coincide with some sort of growth spurt, but that's not the case. She can no longer go up on pointe at ballet because of the pain. She takes Advil before class and uses a heat pad every day. It's one of those mom-worrying moments. I am sure I am over thinking it like I tend to do, but I am just praying this doesn't turn into anything long term or serious. It brings back so many memories of my ortho appointments throughout my childhood due to gymnastics injuries. 

Then in addition to the appointment this afternoon, hubs and I have an event tonight. The event itself is a positive awards kind of thing, recognizing those in our county that help those that need it. The organization serves the homeless, the hungry, the emotionally and physically handicapped, immigrants, the marginalized and the vulnerable. My husband is on the board of directors and we go to the annual Celebration of Charity event each year. It is a humbling (word of the day) event to attend. But it is also incredibly boring. Tonight they are honoring not just one, but two politicians plus a priest. I am sure the speeches will be short and to the point, right? I am taking bets on two things. How long the event will run and how many people I will catch nodding off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment