Sunday, April 13, 2014

Seriously Great

We had a beautiful weekend in the northeast. The first of what I hope is at least three seasons worth of sunny weekend days. Yesterday was yard work, and practices during the day and then we helped host a Community Dinner in our town, which is always humbling and important for our kids to experience. Hubs and I even walked downtown for a late dinner on our own after that. Car played goalie in a lacrosse tournament this morning, she had at least 10 saves in the 4 games, if not more and we all got a little sunburnt, but it felt great (word of the day).  We had ice cream with teammates and after Palm Sunday evening mass we hit golf balls and then went to our local Mexican restaurant for dinner. Really an awesome weekend. Too bad, it's 8:30pm and both girls have to study for tests. Sigh. That is not great.

You know what else is not great? That lady mumbling at the Community Dinner that we had no fried chicken. "Why doesn't anyone ever have fried chicken? It's always spaghetti and meatballs, must be because that's cheap," she says. I looked at her as I was clutching my ladle with plastic gloves over the hot pasta sauce in a very warm room and even though I wanted to punch her in the face, I responded, "Oh, your welcome, enjoy." Then she proceeded to take not one but two to-go containers. That was not humbling, that was truly annoying. 

You know what else is not great? I forgot my epi pen at the lacrosse tournament today, so when a bee landed on my leg, I actually screamed and then thrust forward flailing to get it off of me, which resulted in me nailing my head into the railing and now I have an abrasion on my forehead.

But, you know what is great? Today after mass the same deacon I blogged about yesterday was outside greeting people as they left mass. He saw me, gave me a high five and I said, "Look, it's a miracle, I don't need me wheelchair anymore." 

#greatweekend







No comments:

Post a Comment