Thursday, April 10, 2014

Seriously Singed

I never thought I would be one for product endorsement, but this one has really changed how I feel about my hair every single day. I had longer hair for about 6-7 years and decided to cut it choppy and shorter this fall. Approximately, one week after I had it cut, I was blow drying the top layer with my new round wire brush and as I pulled my hair through I realized I had singed it. I guess the heat on my hair dryer was too high for this particular brush?

I had never done anything like this to my hair (not counting those two perms - in '88 and '90 respectively- not sure why I didn't learn the first time). My stylist was just as shocked, so every 6-7 weeks she trims a bit of it off, but since these are short layers she can't really just chop it off. So, I am still dealing with this 7 months later.

Then, I was at Ulta a few weeks ago and after spending $140 on hairspray and bb cream, they gave me a free sample of this spray called It's a 10 miracle leave-in product.  I love this stuff, it makes my hair so soft and the singed parts don't seem quite so rough.

Not sure if these before and after shots do justice of how bad my hair is, you have to look closely. But essentially without this stuff my hair resembles Beetlejuice after he's been electrocuted. It ain't pretty.
Without It's a 10 - see the singed parts 
With It's a 10 - yes, I know you can still see some of the singed ends but doesn't it look softer in general? 
There you have it. I am being productive (word of the day) today with assisting all you dried out, singed and ratty hair gals and guys out there. I am rarely happy with any product I use anywhere on my body (I blame my parents for the bad genes) so if you are a product person - go out and buy this now.

No comments:

Post a Comment