Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Seriously Texas

I wish a vacation high lasted a few days after you get home, actually I would even take a few hours. We had a great time! I highly recommend a trip to Texas. Everything is bigger and better in Texas. I can plan it all for you, even on a budget, I am a queen at budget trip planning because I over-think and over-research everything. I think I must have been a travel agent in a past life.  Seeing our friends that moved away to Dallas was so bitter sweet. We had such an awesome visit and the kids were all amazing together and it just reiterated how much we miss them and how great we had it when they lived 3 blocks away. So, we will be going back to Dallas. We also toured the cities of Austin and San Antonio. So much to see and do, and we only hit a few of the things I would have liked to. Austin has t-shirts and signs all about that say "Keep Austin Weird". I think that about sums up Austin, but weird in a quirky fun kind of way, for sure. After our city tours we visited hub's cousin at his "ranch" outside of Houston. It is a ranch as it has wild animals roaming, but not the kind of ranch you are thinking of, this one is all African mammals like Oryx, Impala, Fallow Deer, Sable, and many more. The house is amazing with these sweeping views of these meadows where the animals live. We drove over to a nearby horse ranch to horseback ride, so the girls got to experience that, as well.

On the trip we took our nephew's Flat Charlie, so he too, could have a Texas adventure. I feel there could be a book just about Flat Charlie and all of his adventures. And I will leave you with a few:

Flat Charlie and our friends where Kennedy 
was shot in Dallas (Lee Harvey Oswald shot from 
rectangle window 2nd down from top on right)
Flat Charlie touring Austin via the DuckBoat












Flat Charlie at a concert at Austin City Limits -
he got into  a scuffle in my purse and broke (off) his arm





Flat Charlie at the Alamo in San Antonio








Flat Charlie with "Whitey"
a sable at the ranch




Flat Charlie horseback riding
 










Flat Charlie and the zebra head pillow
at the ranch - look closely it is an actual zebra's face
 




Flat Charlie's appt with the plastic "surgeon" to 
repair his arm on Monday morning












No comments:

Post a Comment