Saturday, April 5, 2014

Seriously Peace

I think I have mentioned that my house is not big, in fact, it is quite small, and I don't really have a problem with that considering I am the one who has to clean it. But, there are moments when I want just one more room, in the back, with a door that locks from the outside so I can just have some peace (word of the day).

Our "office" is one wall of our kitchen. I normally LOVE that our computer space is in our kitchen space as this is where we always are. I know what my kids are doing online, I can help them with homework, or stop them from watching one too many kitten videos on YouTube. But, because I am spending more time on the computer than I normally even do typing this blog, I have realized that sometimes I just want some privacy.  So, I guess I need to add laptop to my list of wants (and $50K to put the addition on the back). I am currently typing day 18 of 30 this morning so that I can check blogging off my list of to do items today. While typing I have had Car over my shoulder, "What you doing mom? Blogging? Is it about me?" Why yes, dear, now it is. Hubs is listening to some country singer on YouTube, he says I can have the computer now, but he still wants to hear the song. But I, of course, just want some peace and quiet to think about what I am going to write. I put my head down on the counter to reiterate this point and when I pick it up, they are each over one of my shoulders reading the screen to mock me.

The song ends, Car and hubs are heading out for errands and finally I can concentrate. Hubs walks back in with the Bona box (hardwood floor mop that I ordered on amazon prime) sticking out of him and says, "Look hon, you still give me a Bona after 17 years of marriage."

#nonsense #dotheyevergrowup




No comments:

Post a Comment