Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Seriously Pamper?

Today was my day, yoga then a few errands and the spa - an 80-minute reflexology massage followed by a manicure and pedicure. I was so excited for this day to pamper (word of the day) myself. But, I kind of feel more like an actual pamper full of shit and tossed in the trash.

First, I had to pack lunches and feed and walk the dog in the rain. The cold, wet weather (welcome back!) made me incredibly irritable.  Yoga was great other than those four 45 second dolphin planks she made us hold.  You go try it; here is an image to reference.  They suck.

Once I made it home, I did 3 loads of laundry, packed my clothes for Spring Break, ate lunch and prepared dinner for later. I had to pick the kids up from school early to make it to my spa appointment. Only one kid was ready when I got there. I had to wait 10 minutes, which then directly correlated into a loss of 20 minutes during my massage. So, even though I was in a little part of heaven during the massage, when I saw the clock after, I was just annoyed because I paid for 80 minutes and only got 60. But I didn't have the energy to complain. Also, I am seriously PMSing.

This "joke" pretty much sums it up. On the drive home from my pampering, I find out hubs will not be home this evening as he has a work dinner, which is fine, but I normally like more than 10 minutes notification since I had already prepared the caramelized onion, spinach, bacon and swiss quiche for us to eat for dinner. Then, I attempt to pack clothes with the girls for our Spring Break coming up. So, this resulted in a few, "um, no" and "you need to look presentable" comments by me. I have no idea when I will allow them to just pack themselves, maybe when they go off to college? It was just annoying and the whole thing was just frustrating. I did not want to lose my cool with either of them, this is supposed to be exciting and fun, but damn you PMS, you won again.


No comments:

Post a Comment