Monday, April 14, 2014

Serious(ly) Progress

The painting has begun. I love the color we chose - Benjamin Moore - Booth Bay Gray. It was worth all 8 samples. Because we went with this particular shade on the walls, the little turquoise entry table we have is now getting painted by me in one of the lighter shades so it won't clash. So, only 6 of the samples are going to waste. On the main stretch of wall, I have one of our Andrew Wyeth prints hanging with two hooks on either side. In my mind these hooks are strictly decorative or possibly for a "cool" hat or an artsy scarf. The children know to NEVER hang anything from these hooks, well, maybe not. They never could because hubs used them for his coats.

This picture was obviously from MK's birthday, but you can see how his coats (note the use of a plural noun) are hanging on one of the hooks. He, of course, finds absolutely nothing wrong with this. After 7+ years in this house of me telling him to not hang things there and me moving every coat, every day, to its proper place in the hall closet that is directly.across.from.the.hooks; yeah no, he never heard a word of it.

This evening, he began painting this section of the wall. I went on a run and came home to the hooks still there, when I know we had had a very distinct conversation about how with this facelift, the hooks were going bye, bye, forever. He asked for a veto (anyone watch two week's ago Modern Family?) Nope, not happening. So, after some mumbling under his breath and a few choice words, my hallway now looks like this.

Oh, it's the little things that make me satisfied (word of the day).

No comments:

Post a Comment