Monday, April 7, 2014

Seriously Cranky

I have been really cranky at home lately. I wish that this wasn't the case, but in fact, I keep finding myself snapping at my kids. I used to be on a med for my auto-immune issues that would help with chronic joint pain. I stopped taking it about 3 weeks ago in conjunction with being gluten-free so I would have a better "base line" for my health. Plus, being gluten-free is supposed to help with inflammation so I was just hoping I actually didn't need it anymore. But, I can't really decide. I do not have as severe joint pain in general, but I threw my back out 1 1/2 weeks ago (again) and that particular joint is terrible (sacral, left side) but the rest of me feels OK (word of the day) joint-wise but emotionally, I am leaving a lot to be desired.

Car and I just keep butting heads. MK and I seem OK for the most part, but that younger one can really push my buttons. Example: Saturday she found an over the shoulder sports bag in the basement. It looks something like this -
She asked if she could use it for school. I think I mentioned that my kids go to a Catholic school and that said school likes to send home several very heavy textbooks for studying and homework at least 4 nights a week. I said, "No way, you have to have a two shoulder bag for school." So, she switched all of her lacrosse equipment to it instead. Fast forward to the next day. She finds another one of these bags in the basement. Hubs gets a lot of freebies at cable events. She brings it up; decoratively duct tapes the front of it, then comes to show us her bag and how excited she is about it. I said it looks great. She shows her dad and then says, "Ok I am going to switch it over to my book bag now." Umm, "What?" This ended in a lot of stomps and door slamming, by me. Did I stifle her creativity, did I overreact to something not that big of a deal, and did I not choose my battle wisely? Yes, yes, yes. But I don't care. I am sick and tired of the blatant disregard for anything I say at all by the 10 year old. It is unraveling me at high speed. And, this is making me realize, I should probably be adding meds to my daily quota, not taking them away.




No comments:

Post a Comment