Friday, April 11, 2014

Seriously Drama

Having one teen and one tween girl = lots of drama going on over in this house this afternoon. Approximately, 1 hour after school pickup this is what has already gone down.

1. I was giving them their chores for the afternoon before the weekend "begins" and as I explained to Car how exactly she should clean the bathroom sink (as this usually ends in a wipe down of the basin of the sink only, not any space around it, not moving any of the sh%t all over the counter or the nasty toothbrush holder). Meanwhile, MK is growling and rolling her eyes at her sister over this conversation that.she.was.not.a.part.of.
2. I was telling MK that when her friends get here to get ready for their first semi-formal* tonight that they need to be conservative with the make-up- light shadow, light eye-liner, blush and lipgloss only. (They are 12 and 13 years old - 7th graders) I got, "Well, Jessica's mom lets her wear whatever makeup she wants." I said, "Well, I'm not letting any raccoon eyes out the door and her mom is dropping her off, so thanks for the heads up, I will be sure to discuss this with her mother."
3. Car and I were heading back from dropping MK at dance class and she lays into me about the summer dance schedule and which Lyrical class she should take, I told her what I discussed with her TEACHER and she starts yelling that it will be too easy and all "these" girls will be in it (I guess girls that she feels are not worthy of being in class with her). So walking in the front door, I am screaming at her, "I have no idea why this is a problem that you are yelling at ME about. I have no control over the schedule, no control over what the teacher told me and no control over how well you dance in the class, but somehow this is now my problem."** As I unlock the door I notice both my next door neighbors out on their front porches. I just shrugged my shoulders and walked in the door as Car stomped upstairs and slammed her door.

Good times. I am sure adding 5 more tween/teens to the mix in a half hour is going to be smooth sailing. Welcome to the celebration (word of the day) ladies, I mean the nuthouse.

*I have a kid old enough to go to a semi-formal, sigh.
**I have a dance mom bumper sticker on my car, which may explain a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment