Thursday, March 20, 2014

Seriously Spring?

Today is the Spring Equinox. Let's just ignore that 3 foot gray pile of snow out front, temperatures in the 20s later on and those winter coats and gloves that feel like my second skin. Let's instead envision  birds chirping, buds budding and the Wiccan celebration that starts this evening - Ostara.  I looked it up and found out that the Goddess Mother Earth has a sacred marriage to the Sun God on this day. She conceives and gives birth in 9 months. I knew nothing about it other than it representing the change from dark Winter to brightening Spring.  I think I liked knowing less about it...

Moving on, my word of the day is celebrate. We can celebrate the hopeful start of Spring. We can celebrate our lives and loves. We can celebrate our family and our health. We should celebrate this every day, but if life gets in the way, maybe mark the Spring Equinox as your day to celebrate all of these things to? And guess what? Tonight is the night my local girlfriends are taking me out to celebrate my 40th birthday. It took awhile to get on the calendar (almost 3 months!) but I'm really looking forward to some wine, some laughs and being surrounded by good friends. So pour yourself a glass of your favorite something and celebrate Spring with me!  Get up and dance a little - apparently there are wagers - not on -  if I will dance on the bar but - when - I will dance on the bar. So I hope you all embrace this Spring Equinox tonight, dance a little, drink a little, love a little! I just hope to God (or goddesses) that after this celebration it's not a stork building her nest here this Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment