Sunday, March 30, 2014

Seriously Indulge

A couple of great moments this weekend! Champagne brunch with my book club today! I haven't done that in years. Gotta love a 3 hour lunch on a rainy Sunday! And, we laughed and laughed which is the best kind of day. And mostly at the expense of some of our teenagers and their friends and their antics which always makes us all feel relieved we are not the only ones and scared about this crazy world we live in. If you are wondering, we read "The Husband's Secret". Some of us thought it was predictable but overall we all enjoyed the story and the plot twist!

Yesterday, on the way to the movies with my girls, a song from my past came on my favorite Sirius radio channel The Spectrum (28). It was none other than Chicago's "Hard To Say I'm Sorry". This song conjured up one great memory.  My bestie from gymnastics/high school and I in the back seat of her mom's hatchback on the way to the Jersey Shore for the day. Avalon was the destination, the album was blaring and we sang along all the words. So, when this song came on yesterday, I sang along like I was 14 again! My kids were cracking up and scared I was going to wreck or get pulled over. I simply said, it will be fine. "Officer, don't mind me, I was just singing along to Chicago."

So, at Sunday dinner tonight I was relaying this story to hubs and the girls and I were cracking up all over again. I put it on youtube and sure enough hubs knew all the words as well. He still complained that they were the worst band ever, but he knew every.single.word. We were using spoons (well I was) as microphones and dancing around the dining room and MK threw in some air guitar which spurred many college memories as well! So great. Also played the music videos for "You're the Inspiration" and "I Don't Want to Live Without Your Love". Hubs also knew the words to both of those numbers as well. The videos were priceless for my kids to see some real authentic (i.e. 80's) MTV videos!

So indulge (word of the day) yourself and hop on youtube, crank it up and belt out your favorite 80's ballads. It's a great way to end a weekend!

#youknowyoulovechicagotoo

No comments:

Post a Comment