Saturday, March 22, 2014

Seriously Shine

Today we hit 50+ with the temps, first time in over 4 months. We were all a bit excited. After Car got home from dance and the entire breakdown of how much her teacher hates her and never sees her "do" anything we helmut up and hit the road. I am not sure why I thought this would go well. I guess I was imagining open road, a happy family, the sun and breeze in our faces, blah, blah, blah.

Approximately, .2 miles into the ride (think 5 houses) the complaining starts. We get through our initial bumpiness on the way to a friend's house. After we pick her up for the ride and work our way over to the bike trail, the "real" fun began. Think adult sized person on a kid bike as we ride - my 5 ft. ten yr old refused to let us raise the seat on her bike so she is riding wide legged and painfully slow because no matter what gear we tell her to be in she is not high enough off the ground to make any forward momentum at a normal pace.

At one point, we are riding side by side and I am attempting to explain how gears actually work and we hear an "on your left" from behind us. I immediately slow down so Car can move in front of me so the voice can pass. What actually happens is Car also slows down, glares at me as I am saying "speed up, move over, there is someone trying to pass us." She is still glaring at me and says, "see I told you this bike can't go any faster" Ahhh this child.

So my message to the world is (or to myself since I have no followers yet)- May the fiery light inside of my youngest daughter shine* out into the world and surround you as the light within you guides you on your way. And may her light be guided by the Holy Spirit because God knows I can't handle it!

*shine = word of the day and also I think I mentioned we hit above 50 degrees today so thank you sun for your SHINE!


No comments:

Post a Comment