Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Seriously Absent

So, once again, I have been led astray from my writing. 30 days from now my family is going away and since it is Lent and I always try to "do" things in addition to giving things up (ice cream and gluten this year) I am going to attempt to write for 30 consecutive days. I have also chosen a word of the day to focus my attention as my mind drifts or I get frustrated to bring me back and ideally center me for the day. Today's word is cleanse (I am sure you think this means I am drinking juices, eating raw,  and thinking healthy cleansing thoughts, but in reality I chose this word because my dog got groomed and I am cleaning bathrooms.)

I fairly recently turned 40, and then I threw my back out, then I gained 4 pounds. So,  I went gluten-free to see if that would kick start eating better and losing the weight plus, I have always wondered if it would make any difference in the auto-immune issues I have. Three weeks into being gluten-free I realized I had gained an additional pound and a half. It's so annoying. Hubs also took the bread and pasta cleanse and is down almost 10 pounds. Many friends are just telling me its because I am 40 and this is what happens, but 10 days into being 40 and this - it seems a little strange to me. My mom also said I would grow boobs after I turned 40, but unless boobs look like a bloated stomach then, not so much. I am hoping these next 30 days sheds some light (and lbs) from this pickle I am in. Oddly, I just ate a pickle.

No comments:

Post a Comment